We are currently accepting applications for a part-time Assistant Field Manager.
The Assistant Field Manager will report to the Farm Manager/Educator. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting Farm Manager/Educator in all aspects of field production on 4-acre diversified vegetable farm, as well as in the management of 20 acres of surrounding fields
- Tractor field work
- Weed management and tillage
- Harvest and packing for weekly market and wholesale accounts; delivery to wholesale accounts as needed
- Occasionally attending farmers’ market on Sundays with Farm Manager/Educator or apprentices
- Overseeing apprentices as needed while they are in the field
- Occasionally assisting Farm Manager/Educator with on-farm demonstrations and lessons
- Assisting with on-farm workshops and field days as needed
- Occasionally mentoring farm stewards and apprentices
As The Seed Farm is an educational and working farm, the Assistant Field Manager can expect to engage frequently with the apprentices, farm stewards, volunteers and visitors to the farm.
This is a seasonal, part-time position, 20 hours per week, with the potential to increase to 30 hours per week. Compensation is hourly. Two or more years of production experience required. Tractor experience required. Must be able to work in the heat and the cold, and be able to lift over 50 lbs. Apprentice supervision/ team leadership a plus. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Application review will begin January 20th, and the position will start in mid-March and run through mid-November.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Lindsey Parks, The Seed Farm Executive Director
Phone: (610) 391-9583 x16