Date: Tuesday, February 14; Thursday, February 23; Tuesday, February 28
Location: Lehigh County Agricultural Center, 4184 Dorney Park Rd., Allentown.
This 3-session skills block is part of our new Vegetable Farming Basics course, a hands-on workshop series for people who want to learn to grow vegetables for sale. Classes will be in simple English. We highly recommend this course for community gardeners, urban farmers, and anyone who may be interested in starting a farm through The Seed Farm's farm incubator program.
The Crop Planning skills block covers the following topics:
- Knowing your markets/matching production to sales demand
- Understanding crop seasons
- Developing succession schedules
- Making a crop plan (including maps and schedules)
- Ordering seeds and supplies
- Calculating seed needs
- Balancing costs
For more information and to register, please click on the button below: